AllergiesWhat are allergies and is it dangerous to have one. If a person has an allergic reaction to something they are seriously allergic too, then the answer is yes. An allergy can cause a person to react in a different way to that of another person.

Symptoms of a common allergy are normally linked to a runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, (hay fever), red eyes, even itchiness around the ears. Other signs that may show an allergy is present are a tickle in the throat, cough, asthma, wheezing, shortness of breath, hives, and eczema.

Relieves Irritating Symptoms-
Medical Allergy Reliever For Watery eyes- Runny Nose And Sneezing

Bee stings have been known to kill a person with an allergy to the sting.

Why do people develop an allergy – simply explained, people develop an overactive immune system in which certain gamma globulins are overproduced by the body? Gamma globulins are important in helping to fight bacterial infections.

Know Your Allergies

In view of allergies, one of the gamma globulins called IgE functions abnormally and cites the allergens as being a foreign bacteria, following this the IgE attempts to destroy it. When contact is made it then attaches itself to the pollen then a barrage of chemicals including histamine are released into the body from cells called Mast cells, thus resulting in discomforting symptoms. A common instigator that brings on an allergy attack is food. Some foods if eaten can prove to be fatal especially if you have been diagnosed as to having an allergy to that particular food product.

Familiar foods that pose a threat can be found contained in nuts, peanuts, and shellfish. These edible types are dangerous food items which can cause the death of a young child in two ways if the child is found to have an allergy to them.

The first is called laryngospasm. What happens is, after consumption immediate swelling forms and spreads to the vocal cords. Because of this the vocal cords swell shut, hence causing the infant to gasp for breath and die. The other is called anaphylactic shock. About two hours after consumption the child goes into shock and dies.

Other deaths known from an allergic reaction can follow being stung by a bee. A bee sting is always potentially serious regardless. The severity and duration of a reaction can vary from one person to another. What you have to remember is that not all people is affected in the same way and do not die from a bee sting (Venom.) If you would like more information on causes behind certain allergies, go along to your clinic or call in and see your doctor who will give you leaflets, at least this way you can get to know what to avoid.